The first step for us to choose a solid renter is to broadcast its availability to the public.
Most tenants choose properties through a combination of:
- scrutinizing info and pictures on the web
- examining the condition of rental places when they check out them
In addition to lessees finding us, Our tiny business also discovers renters through:
- Military Housing Office
- State Department bulletin boards
- relocation companies
- Internet web searches
And more. Our rental marketing strategy relies upon several simple formula:
- Rent-Ready – The outstanding properties, priced well, will not lease in a timely fashion if they are not in great presentation. Residences must show well to rent quickly . Your hard-working Nesbitt Realty Realtor makes sure your investment unit is presented in a clean and attractive condition to catch the attention of a good, qualified tenant.
- Market-Sensitive Prices – Even the well-situated rental residences do not lease in a timely fashion or to the best tenant if overpriced. Your good Nesbitt Realty Realtor will analyze the local market in real time to be certain your rental home is priced according to market conditions.
- Internet Listings – Nesbitt Realty & Management has one of the largest Internet footprints in Northern Virginia. Through our website, we deliver data on rental properties to prospective tenants that are planning to relocate to Northern Virginia and the Washington. Our rentals are posted online through website and the top 75+ searched rental websites on the internet.
Nesbitt Realty already serves owners in Alexandria; and, we'd love to help you too! To learn more about the full-list of what we do, contact an agent today. We are licensed by the Commonwealth and we are REALTORS®.
Nesbitt Realty has an abundance of necessary affiliations:
- National Association of Realtors
- Better Business Bureau
Are You in Need of a Property Manager?
There are many advantages to hiring a property management company; however, there is also an expense associated with hiring a property manager. In addition to the cost attached to property management, there are also other reasons why property management may not be suitable for your needs. There are factors to consider in order to determine whether hiring a property management company is ideal for you.
Ask yourself these questions as they will be helpful in determining whether there is a possibility that you need the services of Nesbitt Realty.
- Will you be living and working in the vicinity of your rental property? Northern Virginia is a very transient area. We have more than our share of military, diplomats, State Department, political appointees, and academia. If you are being transferred across the country or halfway across the globe, it may be a good idea to have a professional organization manage your rental property. Simple tasks may become complicated very quickly when you are not present to manage the details.
- Are you interested in handling all details of property management? There are some landlords who look forward to the challenge of finding good tenants. Other landlords are of the opinion that maintaining a property and managing the details are rewarding, and they enjoy taking late night calls. On the contrary, if you think rental property ownership is laborious and want little or nothing to do with the everyday management of your properties, you may consider hiring a property management company to manage your property.
- How full is your schedule? As rewarding as hands-on management is, you may not have much time to devote to your property management business. If you already have a full plate, then the last thing that you look forward to doing is nonstop worrying. Thus, hiring a property management company may be one of the best financial investments that you have made.
- Is the cost affordable? We will be honest. If you are considering hiring a property management company, it will be a much more attractive option if you are able to afford it. If monthly cash-flow is not an issue, you will prefer to save money by paying a property manager and writing off the expense. However, if at the end of every month cash is not readily available, you may not want to hire a property manager.
- Can you afford the risk? Do you understand the Virginia Residential Landlord Tenant Act? Do you know what are the tenant’s rights? Do you know what are your responsibilities as a landlord? The more you familiarize yourself with property management in today’s litigious culture, the more you will understand the value of having a professional who is always available to handle your matters.
- Do you have easy access to a network of maintenance people? All properties require maintenance. When your tenant calls you because the property is in need of repair, will you know whom to call and what to do in a timely manner? If not, you may want to consider hiring a property manager.